These quick breads are perfectly sweet and heavily scented with almond. They are dense yet tender and very moist, and the little bits of chopped almond that are hidden throughout provide and nice crunch and a bit of nuttiness.
This recipe is adapted from the Gateau au Yaourt a la Vanille recipe that is posted over at Piece of Cake:
Almond Yogurt Quick BreadNotes:
1 1/2 c (210 g) all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c plain yogurt
1 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp almond extract
1 c vegetable oil
3/4 c chopped almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sugar, eggs, almond extract, and vegetable oil until everything is well combined. Add the yogurt mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir until the batter just barely comes together. Gently stir in the chopped almonds.
4. Generously grease two mini-loaf pans and fill them 3/4th of the way full with the batter. (I had a little bit of leftover batter, which I later baked up in a small ramekin.) Place the mini-loaf pans on a baking sheet and place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake the quick breads for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean. Allow the breads to cool in their pans for 10 minutes before turning them out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- This bread will keep for four or five days if stored in an airtight container.
- This bread also freezes well.