This homemade sweet potato puree has a way fresher flavor than its canned counterpart.
Sweet Potato PureeNotes:
3 to 4 large sweet potatoes
1. Peel your sweet potatoes and cut them into evenly sized chunks. Put a steamer basket into a large pot and fill the pot with water, making sure that the water does not touch the basket part of the steamer basket. Place the potato chunks into the pot.
2. Cover the pot and steam the sweet potatoes over high heat until they can be easily pierced with a fork. This will take about 15 minutes. Allow the potatoes to cool enough to handle them, and then place them in a large bowl.
3. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or large fork until they are smooth.
- Store your sweet potato puree in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it. It will stay fresh for two or three days in the fridge.
- You can also place your puree in a freezer bag and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.