This yummy bread has and nice banana flavor and a soft, spongy texture. It's sweet, but not too sweet, and is studded with little chips of semi-sweet chocolate. Served warm with a light smear of butter, it makes a great breakfast!
This recipe is adapted from David Lebovitz's banana bread recipe:
Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Banana BreadNotes:
1 1/2 c (210 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 c sugar
1 egg white (room temperature)
1 egg (room temperature)
1 c mashed banana (about 2 banana's worth)
1/2 c sour cream (room temperature)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp butter (melted)
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg white, and egg until everything is smooth. Add the mashed banana, sour cream, vanilla, and melted butter and whisk until everything is well combined.
4. Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir until the batter just barely comes together. Gently mix in the chocolate chips.
5. Spread the finished batter evenly around the bottom of a well greased 9 inch square cake pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. Place the pan on a wire cooling rack and allow it to cool completely.
- This bread freezes well.