These yummy oatmeal creme pies consist of a sugary, fluffy creme filling that is sandwiched between two sweet and chewy oatmeal cookies. The cookies have a nice molasses flavor and the earthy, nutty flavor of the oatmeal pairs perfectly with the marshmallow sweetness of the filling.
This recipes is adapted from the oatmeal cream pie recipe
posted over at Une-deux Senses:
Oatmeal Creme PiesNotes:
1 1/2 c flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c butter (room temperature)
1/2 c sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 c old-fashioned oats
1 recipe oatmeal creme pie filling
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until they are light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the molasses and vanilla extract and beat until everything is smooth.
4. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until they are well combined. Mix in the oats. Drop tablespoons of the finished dough onto and ungreased baking sheet and bake the cookies for 10-12 mintues or until the edges of the cookies just start to brown. Move the cookies to a wire rack, and allow them to cool completely.
5. To assemble the oatmeal creme pies, place a generous dollop of filling on the flat side of one cookie and gently press it together with the flat side of a second cookie. Repeat until you run out of cookies.
- Be careful not to overbake the cookies. If you leave the cookies in the oven too long, they will loose all of their chewiness.
- After you assemble the cookies, let them sit out a dry for about an hour before you stack them. If you stack them right away, the filling will still be soft and it will ooze out of the cookies.
- These cookies will stay fresh for about a week in an air-tight container.