This elegant quick bread has a wonderful pumpkin and spice flavor and just the right amount of sweetness. It's moist, but not at all greasy, and it is sturdy enough to cut into beautiful slices. All in all, it's the perfect treat for fall!
This recipe is adapted from the pumpkin chocolate chip loaf recipe posted over at Piece of Cake:
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Quick BreadNotes:
1 1/2 c (210 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/8 tsp ground ginger
1 1/4 c sugar
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 c pumpkin puree
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger until they are well combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until they are smooth. Add the pumpkin puree, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and whisk until everything is well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and gently stir until the two just barely come together.
5. Pour the finished batter into a well greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pan. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
6. Place the loaf pan on a wire rack and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Turn on the quick bread onto the wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
- This bread will keep fresh for 3 or 4 days if stored in an airtight container.
- You can also use this recipe to make chocolate chip pumpkin muffins! Simply mix together the batter as instructed and then fill some well greased muffin tins 3/4ths of the way full with the batter. Bake the muffins for 15-20 mintues or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. The above recipe will make enough batter for about 14 muffins.