With their chocolate kiss crowns and their sparkly sugar coatings, these peanut butter blossoms are a beautiful addition to any cookie plate. These tasty cookies are perfectly sweet and have a strong peanut butter flavor. Fresh out of the oven these cookies have nice crunchy edges, but if you leave them over night, they become soft and deliciously chewy.
This recipe is adapted from the Land o' Lakes peanut butter blossom recipe that was recommended by Anna over at Cookie Madness:
Peanut Butter BlossomsNotes:
1 3/4 c (245 g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 c butter (room temperature)
1/2 c peanut butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c sugar
36 milk chocolate kisses
1. Preheat your oven to 375°.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt until they are well combined. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and brown sugar until they are light and fluffy. Add the egg and the vanilla extract and beat until they are well combined. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until everything is well combined.
4. Place the remaining 1/4 c of sugar into a small bowl. Roll the dough into one and a half inch balls and then roll each ball in the sugar until it is well coated. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet at least 2 inches apart.
5. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until they are lightly golden brown. Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie. Move the cookies to a wire rack and allow them to cool completely.
- These cookies will stay fresh for about four days if kept in an air-tight container.