These chewy peanut butter cookies are kind of like honey-roasted peanuts in cookie form! They're nutty and sweet and have just a touch of honey flavor. The handful of oats that is added to the dough gives these cookies a pleasant texture, and the milk chocolate chips, if you choose to add them, turn into little pockets of creamy sweetness as the cookies bake.
This recipe is adapted from the Peanut Butter Cookies with Chocolate Chunks recipe found on allrecipes.com:
Honey Oat Peanut Butter CookiesNotes:
1 1/2 c (210 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 c old-fashioned oats
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 c peanut butter
1/2 c butter (room temperature)
1 c brown sugar
1 egg (room temperature)
1/4 c honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 350°.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt until they are well combined. Set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, cream the peanut butter, butter, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg to the sugar mixture and beat well. Beat in the honey and vanilla extract.
4. Gradually beat the flour mixture into the sugar mixture until well combined. If using, stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
5. Take rounded tablespoon of the cookie dough and roll them into balls. Place the cookie dough balls on an ungreased baking sheet, leaving 2 inches between each cookie. Flatten the dough balls slightly with the palm of your hand. Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until they are puffed up and golden brown. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- These cookies will stay fresh for about a week in an airtight container.
- You can make the cookie dough a day or two ahead of time, just keep it tightly wrapped and in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
- These cookies are very sturdy and are well suited for sending through the mail.
- I once made these cookies with Reese's Pieces instead of milk chocolate chips, and they turned out awesome!